February 17th, 2018
HOA Board Leadership Training
Whether you live in a condominium, homeowners association (HOA) or other type of community, the Board Leadership Development Workshop highlights what every board member needs to know to serve effectively. This program's registration comes with several CAI National publications. The workshop consists of five modules:
- Module 1: Governing Documents and Roles & Responsibilities. To start you on the right path, Module 1 helps you understand the legal authority for your association. It also clarifies the duties and responsibilities of each board member and the professionals who are available to assist the board.
- Module 2: Communications, Meetings and Volunteerism. Module 2 helps you learn how to maximize volunteer involvement in your community association by improving board communications, conducting effective meetings and building community spirit.
- Module 3: Fundamentals of Financial Management. Module 3 introduces the fundamentals of association financial management, including guidelines for protecting your association’s assets, preparing a budget, planning for the future and collecting assessments.
- Module 4: Professional Advisors and Service Providers. Because putting together the right team to support your association can be challenging, Module 4 provides practical tips on finding, evaluating and hiring qualified professional advisors and service providers.
- Module 5: Association Rules and Conflict Resolution. Module 5 explores guidelines for making reasonable association rules, enforcing rules fairly and resolving conflict effectively.
Angie Bagby - Bagby Law Firm LLC
Alika Nee - JR Johnson
Jim Main- Main Management
Woodburn Estates and Golf
1776 Country Club Rd,
Woodburn, OR 97071
Members - $30
Non - Members - $45
Please notify CAI-Oregon 72 hours in advance if you will not be able to attend. Otherwise you will be charged accordingly.